We endorse and adhere to the following main principles as part of our Data Protection and client confidentiality policy. This how ever does not constitute to complete statement of this policy.
- Personal Data must be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Personal Data must be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Personal Data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Personal Data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal Data must only be kept for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained or as required by the Law/Regulatory Authority.
- Personal Data must be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights. Data Subjects must be made aware of the purposes for which their information will be processed and any other information necessary to make the processing fair, such as details of third parties to whom Personal Data will be disclosed.
- Personal Data must be kept secure from unauthorized or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using the appropriate technical and organizational measure.
- Personal Data must not be transferred to a country or territory outside the United Arab Emirates (UAE), unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
These principles apply to obtaining, handling, processing, transportation and storage of personal data. Employees and agents of Indemnity Insurance Brokers LLC who obtain, handle, process, transport and store personal data for us must adhere to these principles at all times.
Personal data is defined as data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data or information regarding an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life or criminal proceedings or convictions.
Indemnity Insurance Brokers LLC will, through appropriate management and the use of strict criteria and controls will ensure that:
- All staff managing and handling personal information understand that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice.
- All staff managing and handling personal information are appropriately trained to do so.
- All staff managing and handling personal information are appropriately supervised
- A clear procedure is in place for anyone wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated.
- Any disclosure or sharing of personal data must be in compliance with approved procedures.